CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submission Deadline: Monday, July 5, 2022 11:59pm (CT)
2022 AAHS, ASPN, ASRM Annual Meetings
Please read all of the following important key points:
- Abstracts must be 400 words or less. Images can be included but may reduce the allowable word count. Please view submission instructions specific to each organization for details.
- No names should be included in the abstract title or text. Nor should the abstract title appear in the text. Names will be automatically hidden from the reviewers during abstract review and will be automatically inserted and properly formatted upon publication.
- Every author for whom an email address is provided will be automatically informed of the unique ID numbers and passwords assigned to their abstracts. Abstracts may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID# and password.
- The presenting author will be notified of the acceptance status of the abstract(s) via email. Please make sure your e-mail address is current and correct in order to receive continuous notifications relating to your abstract. No other form of notification will be provided.
- The general criteria for consideration of abstracts by the Scientific Program Committees are originality, clarity and concise presentation. Research papers will be additionally evaluated for purpose of study, methodology/design, results and conclusions. Multiple entries of the same abstract to more than one program AAHS, ASPN, or ASRM are NOT allowed.
- Each organization has posted instructions or guidelines below to detail specific requirements.
Submit an Abstract: https://aahsaspnasrm.confex.com/aahsaspnasrm/2022/cfp.cgi
Mir Imran has accepted the invitation to be the 24th annual Fogarty guest lecturer. The date of the event is Friday September 30, 2022 at 4pm. It will be a hybrid event.
Mir Imran, Chairman & CEO of InCube Labs, is a prolific healthcare innovator and entrepreneur, who has been developing and commercializing breakthrough medical innovations for over 40 years.
Mir began his career as a healthcare entrepreneur in the late 1970’s with his pioneering contributions to the first FDA-approved Implantable Defibrillator (ICD). Since then, Mir has founded more than 20 life sciences companies and two tech companies, 15 of which have seen liquidity events (IPO/Acquisition). His most recent exit, Rani Therapeutics Holdings Inc., went public on Nasdaq in July 2021.
Mir’s inventions have saved the lives of millions of patients, and many have become the standards of care. He has developed innovative therapies for a number of chronic diseases, including, anemia, chronic pain, stroke, diabetes, and several cardiovascular conditions. His recent company, Rani Therapeutics, is revolutionizing the management of chronic diseases, by replacing painful injectable therapies with oral biologics.
Mir holds more than 800 issued & pending US patents. In 2016, QMed named Mir as one of the “Top 50 Medical Inventors of All Time”. Mir is a fellow of the National Academy of Engineering, the National Academy of Inventors and the American Institute of Medical & Biological Engineers. In 2009, Mir was inducted into the Rutgers University Hall of Distinguished Alumni.
Mir is also the co-founder & managing director of InCube Ventures, LP, a medtech/biotech venture capital fund. In addition, Mir serves on the boards of several life science companies, on the advisory board of the Lemelson Foundation, and is a trustee of the UCSC Foundation. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Bioengineering at the University of Pittsburgh and actively supports the promotion and teaching of innovation and entrepreneurship at colleges and universities. As a philanthropist, Mir is passionately supporting education in India and US, especially for underprivileged students.
The 2023 Abstract Submission Site is Now Open!
- Oral or ePoster: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Program Committee for presentation in the oral, quick shot or ePoster format. Presentations selected will be eligible for annual awards including best overall, basic science or clinical paper presented from the podium or as an ePoster.
- Oral Only: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Program Committee for presentation in the oral format ONLY (Podium and Quick Shot). Abstracts will NOT be considered for ePoster presentation. Presentations selected will be eligible for annual awards including best overall, basic science or clinical paper presented from the podium.
- ePoster Only: Abstracts submitted to this category will be evaluated for ePoster presentation only. Presentations selected will be eligible for best basic science or clinical e-poster.
- Video: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Video-Based Education Committee for presentation during the video abstract symposium and the Ongoing Video Room. Videos selected will be eligible for the best video award.
- Case Study: Abstracts submitted to this category will be evaluated for ePoster presentation only.
- Research Forum: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Young Researchers Committee for oral presentation during the Research Forum. This session highlights developing areas of research that have clinical relevance for the care of patients with colorectal diseases. Presentations selected will be eligible for the Research in Progress award. If not accepted for Oral presentation the abstract will be considered for ePoster presentation.
- New Technology: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Program Committee in conjunction with the New Technologies Committee for oral presentation during the New Technology Symposium. This symposium highlights the development, integration, evaluation and dissemination of new technology in the practice of colon and rectal surgery. If not accepted for Oral presentation the abstract will be considered for e-poster presentation.