CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submission Deadline: Monday, July 5, 2022 11:59pm (CT)
2022 AAHS, ASPN, ASRM Annual Meetings
Please read all of the following important key points:
- Abstracts must be 400 words or less. Images can be included but may reduce the allowable word count. Please view submission instructions specific to each organization for details.
- No names should be included in the abstract title or text. Nor should the abstract title appear in the text. Names will be automatically hidden from the reviewers during abstract review and will be automatically inserted and properly formatted upon publication.
- Every author for whom an email address is provided will be automatically informed of the unique ID numbers and passwords assigned to their abstracts. Abstracts may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID# and password.
- The presenting author will be notified of the acceptance status of the abstract(s) via email. Please make sure your e-mail address is current and correct in order to receive continuous notifications relating to your abstract. No other form of notification will be provided.
- The general criteria for consideration of abstracts by the Scientific Program Committees are originality, clarity and concise presentation. Research papers will be additionally evaluated for purpose of study, methodology/design, results and conclusions. Multiple entries of the same abstract to more than one program AAHS, ASPN, or ASRM are NOT allowed.
- Each organization has posted instructions or guidelines below to detail specific requirements.
Submit an Abstract: https://aahsaspnasrm.confex.com/aahsaspnasrm/2022/cfp.cgi
FRIDAY, AUGUST, 19, 2022 @ 11:59 PM ET
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASE REPORTS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION AT THE 18TH ANNUAL ACADEMIC SURGICAL CONGRESS MEETING
NOTE: ALL content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined ineligible company (‘industry’). Also, no content author may be an owner or employee of an ineligible company.
Important Notice: Given our record-breaking abstract submission numbers over the past few years-and in order to maximize the number of participants in the ASC – we will continue to limit the number of abstracts that an individual may present to TWO. There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted, and if more than two abstracts are accepted the highest scoring abstract will be selected for presentation. Please note that there is no limit on the number of abstracts an individual may be listed as an author on.
If you have any questions, please contact the ASC office:
For all TECHNICAL questions regarding submitting an abstract, please open a support ticket here
For questions regarding abstract submission policies, please contact:
✉ ASC Abstract Management Team
☎ 310.986.6444 x 118
February 23-26, 2023
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Whistler, BC, Canada
Mir Imran has accepted the invitation to be the 24th annual Fogarty guest lecturer. The date of the event is Friday September 30, 2022 at 4pm. It will be a hybrid event.
Mir Imran, Chairman & CEO of InCube Labs, is a prolific healthcare innovator and entrepreneur, who has been developing and commercializing breakthrough medical innovations for over 40 years.
Mir began his career as a healthcare entrepreneur in the late 1970’s with his pioneering contributions to the first FDA-approved Implantable Defibrillator (ICD). Since then, Mir has founded more than 20 life sciences companies and two tech companies, 15 of which have seen liquidity events (IPO/Acquisition). His most recent exit, Rani Therapeutics Holdings Inc., went public on Nasdaq in July 2021.
Mir’s inventions have saved the lives of millions of patients, and many have become the standards of care. He has developed innovative therapies for a number of chronic diseases, including, anemia, chronic pain, stroke, diabetes, and several cardiovascular conditions. His recent company, Rani Therapeutics, is revolutionizing the management of chronic diseases, by replacing painful injectable therapies with oral biologics.
Mir holds more than 800 issued & pending US patents. In 2016, QMed named Mir as one of the “Top 50 Medical Inventors of All Time”. Mir is a fellow of the National Academy of Engineering, the National Academy of Inventors and the American Institute of Medical & Biological Engineers. In 2009, Mir was inducted into the Rutgers University Hall of Distinguished Alumni.
Mir is also the co-founder & managing director of InCube Ventures, LP, a medtech/biotech venture capital fund. In addition, Mir serves on the boards of several life science companies, on the advisory board of the Lemelson Foundation, and is a trustee of the UCSC Foundation. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Bioengineering at the University of Pittsburgh and actively supports the promotion and teaching of innovation and entrepreneurship at colleges and universities. As a philanthropist, Mir is passionately supporting education in India and US, especially for underprivileged students.