SAGES 2022 Annual Meeting
March 16-19, 2022
SAGES THE NEXT BIG THING (FORMERLY EMERGING TECHNOLOGY) SESSION SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2021 5:00 PM EST
You are invited to submit papers to The Next Big Thing (Formerly Emerging Technology) Session of the SAGES 2022 Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held March 16-19, 2022 in Denver, CO.
This session is open to submissions from physicians / industry engineers / scientists / researchers. It should be used for reporting on cutting edge or emerging technologies for which formal experimental data may not yet be available. Developers and inventors are encouraged to present their own work.
IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO SUBMIT OR DISCUSS ANY IDEAS OR INVENTIONS, before you submit or discuss them, please keep in mind that discussing or displaying them at this meeting may be considered a public disclosure of the idea or invention, which can negatively affect your right to protect that idea or invention. You may also have duties to your employer relating to that idea or invention, and should discuss the impact of a disclosure with the proper representatives of your employer before you submit or discuss it.
The Next Big Thing Abstracts will be accepted until December 8, 2021 and will undergo an expedited review process. This session is appropriate for technologies that may still be under development. Since The Next Big Thing session will not include CME credit, topics are not limited to formal studies or experiments but may include description based abstracts or very preliminary results. Presentations will be 5 to 10 minutes in length. Accepted abstracts will be published in the official SAGES Final Program.
Submissions should follow the following format:
- Objective of the technology or device
- Description of the technology and method of its use or application
- Preliminary results if available
- Conclusions / future directions
- 500-word limit
All abstracts for this session MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
If you have any questions, please contact the SAGES office at 310-437-0544 (ext. 118) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 3-7, 2022 • McCormick Place • Chicago, IL, Online
For submission Guidelines & Requirements, see link: https://conferences.asco.org/am/abstract-submission
Information can be found here: https://www.plasticsurgerythemeeting.com/
Abstracts are due at 11:59 PM PST
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT:
All current Professional Development Residents, and PGY-3, PGY-4 and PGY-5 categorical residents are required to submit abstracts. Submission is optional for PGY-1 and PGY-2 residents.
Faculty: please encourage non-MD research fellows, postdocs and other mentees in your labs to submit abstracts. Since these trainees are not always on the Department of Surgery email lists, please inform them about this opportunity directly.
- NEW: Individuals can only submit 2 abstracts each and must be for different projects. We will not accept multiple abstracts for the same project by the same author.
- Abstract is limited to 250 words, excluding the Title, Author(s) or Section Title.
- Each abstract must be submitted by the first author and self-select category clinical/HSR/education or basic/translational.
- Abstracts received after the posted deadlines will not be accepted.
- Revised abstracts will not be accepted after the posted due dates (TBD).
- Contact Information: Joseph Martinez email@example.com or Julia Miranda firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS:
- Sign into the Stanford G-Suite tool with your Stanford Email to download and submit Holman22 abstract.
- Download the abstract template <<HERE>> and follow the form carefully.
If the abstract form is not followed as is, it will be returned for revisions.
- Submit your completed abstract and key figure <<HERE>>.
One abstract per submission; if you have multiple abstracts, please repeat process.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MARCH 13 @11:59PM
For more info, please refer to this link: http://westernvascularsociety.org/upcoming-meeting/
Welcome to the Western Surgical 2022 Abstract Submitter!
DEADLINE: Monday, June 01, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT
- Oral Presentation | Accepted oral presentations will be required to submit a manuscript to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons (JACS). Additionally, a WSA Member must close the discussion of your paper at the WSA 2020 Annual Meeting. If your abstract is not selected as an Oral presentation, it will automatically be considered for a Poster presentation.
- ePoster Presentation |Poster presentations do not require manuscript submission.
- Video Presentation |Video presentations do not require manuscript submission. If your video is not selected for a Video podium presentation, it will be considered for a Video ePoster.
- The abstract body (not counting abstract title or author string) must not exceed 500 words
- Graphs, photos and/or tables are not accepted
- Video format: Must not exceed 8 minutes, sound optional, MOV or MP4 formats only.
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract.
- You do not need to be a Western Surgical Association member to submit an abstract for consideration. However, if selected, your member sponsor must be present for the meeting (and close the discussion if selected as an oral presentation).
Duplicate Submission Policy:
Information in the submission must represent original work that has not been previously published, or being under consideration for publication, and will not have been presented as a podium or poster presentation at a national or an international meeting prior to the dates of the WSA 2020 Annual Meeting (November 7-10, 2020).
You will need the following information before you submit your abstract.
- Principal Contact & Presenter Information
- Name and email address of sponsoring member (if none of the authors are WSA members)
- List of Authors
- Abstract body (500 words or less)
- 2 Self-Assessment Questions
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Western Surgical Association
t: 913-402-7102 |email@example.com