Welcome to the Western Surgical 2022 Abstract Submitter!
DEADLINE: Monday, June 01, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT
- Oral Presentation | Accepted oral presentations will be required to submit a manuscript to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons (JACS). Additionally, a WSA Member must close the discussion of your paper at the WSA 2020 Annual Meeting. If your abstract is not selected as an Oral presentation, it will automatically be considered for a Poster presentation.
- ePoster Presentation |Poster presentations do not require manuscript submission.
- Video Presentation |Video presentations do not require manuscript submission. If your video is not selected for a Video podium presentation, it will be considered for a Video ePoster.
- The abstract body (not counting abstract title or author string) must not exceed 500 words
- Graphs, photos and/or tables are not accepted
- Video format: Must not exceed 8 minutes, sound optional, MOV or MP4 formats only.
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract.
- You do not need to be a Western Surgical Association member to submit an abstract for consideration. However, if selected, your member sponsor must be present for the meeting (and close the discussion if selected as an oral presentation).
Duplicate Submission Policy:
Information in the submission must represent original work that has not been previously published, or being under consideration for publication, and will not have been presented as a podium or poster presentation at a national or an international meeting prior to the dates of the WSA 2020 Annual Meeting (November 7-10, 2020).
You will need the following information before you submit your abstract.
- Principal Contact & Presenter Information
- Name and email address of sponsoring member (if none of the authors are WSA members)
- List of Authors
- Abstract body (500 words or less)
- 2 Self-Assessment Questions
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Western Surgical Association
t: 913-402-7102 |email@example.com
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submission Deadline: Monday, July 5, 2022 11:59pm (CT)
2022 AAHS, ASPN, ASRM Annual Meetings
Please read all of the following important key points:
- Abstracts must be 400 words or less. Images can be included but may reduce the allowable word count. Please view submission instructions specific to each organization for details.
- No names should be included in the abstract title or text. Nor should the abstract title appear in the text. Names will be automatically hidden from the reviewers during abstract review and will be automatically inserted and properly formatted upon publication.
- Every author for whom an email address is provided will be automatically informed of the unique ID numbers and passwords assigned to their abstracts. Abstracts may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID# and password.
- The presenting author will be notified of the acceptance status of the abstract(s) via email. Please make sure your e-mail address is current and correct in order to receive continuous notifications relating to your abstract. No other form of notification will be provided.
- The general criteria for consideration of abstracts by the Scientific Program Committees are originality, clarity and concise presentation. Research papers will be additionally evaluated for purpose of study, methodology/design, results and conclusions. Multiple entries of the same abstract to more than one program AAHS, ASPN, or ASRM are NOT allowed.
- Each organization has posted instructions or guidelines below to detail specific requirements.
Submit an Abstract: https://aahsaspnasrm.confex.com/aahsaspnasrm/2022/cfp.cgi
FRIDAY, AUGUST, 19, 2022 @ 11:59 PM ET
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASE REPORTS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION AT THE 18TH ANNUAL ACADEMIC SURGICAL CONGRESS MEETING
NOTE: ALL content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined ineligible company (‘industry’). Also, no content author may be an owner or employee of an ineligible company.
Important Notice: Given our record-breaking abstract submission numbers over the past few years-and in order to maximize the number of participants in the ASC – we will continue to limit the number of abstracts that an individual may present to TWO. There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted, and if more than two abstracts are accepted the highest scoring abstract will be selected for presentation. Please note that there is no limit on the number of abstracts an individual may be listed as an author on.
If you have any questions, please contact the ASC office:
For all TECHNICAL questions regarding submitting an abstract, please open a support ticket here
For questions regarding abstract submission policies, please contact:
✉ ASC Abstract Management Team
☎ 310.986.6444 x 118
February 23-26, 2023
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Whistler, BC, Canada
Presented by: Cintia Kimura, Postdoctoral Scholar, General Surgery, Stanford University.
Talk Title: ” Introducing Plant-Based Diets for Patients Recovering From Colorectal Surgery.”
Bio: Dr. Kimura completed her training in colorectal surgery in Sao Paulo, Brazil. She is a postdoc in the Department of Surgery and her research focuses on the effect of different diets on the gut microbiome of patients undergoing colorectal surgery. She studies coaching interventions to help patients prepare and recover from colorectal surgery.
Presented by: Kazunari Sasaki, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Abdominal Transplant, Surgery, Stanford University.
Talk Title: “Looking for a Magic Spice”
Bio: Kazunari Sasaki, MD, is a Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Abdominal Transplant. He received his medical degree from Shiga University of Medical Science, Japan in 2004. He moved to the US in 2015 and completed abdominal transplant fellowship at Cleveland Clinic, where he was subsequently appointed to the surgical faculty. He specializes in liver transplantation hepatobiliary surgeries.
Contact Ana Mezynski for Zoom in details.