As part of the Salvatierra Lecture Series, Timothy Pruett, MD, will present “The Canary in the Coal Mine: Transplantation in the Era of Transparency.” About Dr. Pruett:
- Professor of Surgery and Internal Medicine, Chief of Transplantation and the John S. Najarian Surgical Chair in Clinical Transplantation at University of Minnesota
- Chair of the ASTS/AST joint committee for Biovigilance
- Medical degree from the Baylor College of Medicine
- General Surgery and Transplantation training at the University of Minnesota
- Internal Medicine residency at the University of Michigan
Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, a general and endocrine surgeon at the Massachusetts General Hospital and an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School, will present: “Trust me, I am just learning while practicing while teaching!” Is Resident Autonomy a Realistic Goal???
Dr. Megan Sykes of CUMC will present.
Department Chair Dr. Mary Hawn in conjunction with the San Jose Surgical Society hosts the new George B. Armanini Lecture. Dr. Ron Weigel is Chair of the Department of Surgery at the University of Iowa.
Zara Cooper, MD, MSc is an acute care surgeon, trauma surgeon, and surgical intensivist certified in palliative medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.