“Gender affirmation surgeries: progress & pitfalls”
Presented by: Thomas Satterwhite, MD
Please join us to hear this Stanford alumnus and plastic surgeon discuss his experiences providing world-leading gender affirmation surgeries for transgender men and women.
As part of the Salvatierra Lecture Series, Timothy Pruett, MD, will present “The Canary in the Coal Mine: Transplantation in the Era of Transparency.” About Dr. Pruett:
- Professor of Surgery and Internal Medicine, Chief of Transplantation and the John S. Najarian Surgical Chair in Clinical Transplantation at University of Minnesota
- Chair of the ASTS/AST joint committee for Biovigilance
- Medical degree from the Baylor College of Medicine
- General Surgery and Transplantation training at the University of Minnesota
- Internal Medicine residency at the University of Michigan
Dr. Andrea Pusic, the recently appointed Chief of Plastic Surgery at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA, will present “Patient-reported Outcomes in Surgery: Improving Clinical Care and Quality.” Dr. Pusic specializes in breast reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Catherine Curtin, an associate professor in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, will speak about peripheral nerve injury.
Dr. Megan Sykes of CUMC will present.
David Chang, MD presents “Lymphedema: Surgery and Management”