Welcome to the Western Surgical 2022 Abstract Submitter!
DEADLINE: Monday, June 01, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT
- Oral Presentation | Accepted oral presentations will be required to submit a manuscript to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons (JACS). Additionally, a WSA Member must close the discussion of your paper at the WSA 2020 Annual Meeting. If your abstract is not selected as an Oral presentation, it will automatically be considered for a Poster presentation.
- ePoster Presentation |Poster presentations do not require manuscript submission.
- Video Presentation |Video presentations do not require manuscript submission. If your video is not selected for a Video podium presentation, it will be considered for a Video ePoster.
- The abstract body (not counting abstract title or author string) must not exceed 500 words
- Graphs, photos and/or tables are not accepted
- Video format: Must not exceed 8 minutes, sound optional, MOV or MP4 formats only.
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract.
- You do not need to be a Western Surgical Association member to submit an abstract for consideration. However, if selected, your member sponsor must be present for the meeting (and close the discussion if selected as an oral presentation).
Duplicate Submission Policy:
Information in the submission must represent original work that has not been previously published, or being under consideration for publication, and will not have been presented as a podium or poster presentation at a national or an international meeting prior to the dates of the WSA 2020 Annual Meeting (November 7-10, 2020).
You will need the following information before you submit your abstract.
- Principal Contact & Presenter Information
- Name and email address of sponsoring member (if none of the authors are WSA members)
- List of Authors
- Abstract body (500 words or less)
- 2 Self-Assessment Questions
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Western Surgical Association
t: 913-402-7102 |firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submission Deadline: Monday, July 5, 2022 11:59pm (CT)
2022 AAHS, ASPN, ASRM Annual Meetings
Please read all of the following important key points:
- Abstracts must be 400 words or less. Images can be included but may reduce the allowable word count. Please view submission instructions specific to each organization for details.
- No names should be included in the abstract title or text. Nor should the abstract title appear in the text. Names will be automatically hidden from the reviewers during abstract review and will be automatically inserted and properly formatted upon publication.
- Every author for whom an email address is provided will be automatically informed of the unique ID numbers and passwords assigned to their abstracts. Abstracts may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID# and password.
- The presenting author will be notified of the acceptance status of the abstract(s) via email. Please make sure your e-mail address is current and correct in order to receive continuous notifications relating to your abstract. No other form of notification will be provided.
- The general criteria for consideration of abstracts by the Scientific Program Committees are originality, clarity and concise presentation. Research papers will be additionally evaluated for purpose of study, methodology/design, results and conclusions. Multiple entries of the same abstract to more than one program AAHS, ASPN, or ASRM are NOT allowed.
- Each organization has posted instructions or guidelines below to detail specific requirements.
Submit an Abstract: https://aahsaspnasrm.confex.com/aahsaspnasrm/2022/cfp.cgi
Call for Abstracts
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT NOW
FRIDAY, AUGUST, 19, 2022 @ 11:59 PM ET
2023 Abstract Submission Guidelines
2023 CME COI Policy
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASE REPORTS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION AT THE 18TH ANNUAL ACADEMIC SURGICAL CONGRESS MEETING
NOTE: ALL content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined ineligible company (‘industry’). Also, no content author may be an owner or employee of an ineligible company.
Important Notice: Given our record-breaking abstract submission numbers over the past few years-and in order to maximize the number of participants in the ASC – we will continue to limit the number of abstracts that an individual may present to TWO. There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted, and if more than two abstracts are accepted the highest scoring abstract will be selected for presentation. Please note that there is no limit on the number of abstracts an individual may be listed as an author on.
If you have any questions, please contact the ASC office:
For all TECHNICAL questions regarding submitting an abstract, please open a support ticket here
For questions regarding abstract submission policies, please contact:
✉ ASC Abstract Management Team
☎ 310.986.6444 x 118
February 23-26, 2023
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Whistler, BC, Canada
SAGES 2023 Annual Meeting
March 29 – April 1, 2023
Montréal, QC Canada
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2022, 11:59 PM PDT
Abstract Submission Supporting Document:
Manual for Abstract Submission Site»
Video Preparation Instructions»
Mir Imran has accepted the invitation to be the 24th annual Fogarty guest lecturer. The date of the event is Friday September 30, 2022 at 4pm. It will be a hybrid event.
Mir Imran, Chairman & CEO of InCube Labs, is a prolific healthcare innovator and entrepreneur, who has been developing and commercializing breakthrough medical innovations for over 40 years.
Mir began his career as a healthcare entrepreneur in the late 1970’s with his pioneering contributions to the first FDA-approved Implantable Defibrillator (ICD). Since then, Mir has founded more than 20 life sciences companies and two tech companies, 15 of which have seen liquidity events (IPO/Acquisition). His most recent exit, Rani Therapeutics Holdings Inc., went public on Nasdaq in July 2021.
Mir’s inventions have saved the lives of millions of patients, and many have become the standards of care. He has developed innovative therapies for a number of chronic diseases, including, anemia, chronic pain, stroke, diabetes, and several cardiovascular conditions. His recent company, Rani Therapeutics, is revolutionizing the management of chronic diseases, by replacing painful injectable therapies with oral biologics.
Mir holds more than 800 issued & pending US patents. In 2016, QMed named Mir as one of the “Top 50 Medical Inventors of All Time”. Mir is a fellow of the National Academy of Engineering, the National Academy of Inventors and the American Institute of Medical & Biological Engineers. In 2009, Mir was inducted into the Rutgers University Hall of Distinguished Alumni.
Mir is also the co-founder & managing director of InCube Ventures, LP, a medtech/biotech venture capital fund. In addition, Mir serves on the boards of several life science companies, on the advisory board of the Lemelson Foundation, and is a trustee of the UCSC Foundation. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Bioengineering at the University of Pittsburgh and actively supports the promotion and teaching of innovation and entrepreneurship at colleges and universities. As a philanthropist, Mir is passionately supporting education in India and US, especially for underprivileged students.
2023 AAPS Abstract Submission is Now Open!
The American Association of Plastic Surgeons is now accepting abstracts for their 101st Annual Meeting.
Please submit your abstracts today for consideration in the 101st Annual Meeting.
Download Author Instructions
Deadline: Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT
Aesthetic Breast/Body Contouring
The 2023 Abstract Submission Site is Now Open!
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
- Oral or ePoster: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Program Committee for presentation in the oral, quick shot or ePoster format. Presentations selected will be eligible for annual awards including best overall, basic science or clinical paper presented from the podium or as an ePoster.
- Oral Only: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Program Committee for presentation in the oral format ONLY (Podium and Quick Shot). Abstracts will NOT be considered for ePoster presentation. Presentations selected will be eligible for annual awards including best overall, basic science or clinical paper presented from the podium.
- ePoster Only: Abstracts submitted to this category will be evaluated for ePoster presentation only. Presentations selected will be eligible for best basic science or clinical e-poster.
- Video: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Video-Based Education Committee for presentation during the video abstract symposium and the Ongoing Video Room. Videos selected will be eligible for the best video award.
- Case Study: Abstracts submitted to this category will be evaluated for ePoster presentation only.
- Research Forum: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Young Researchers Committee for oral presentation during the Research Forum. This session highlights developing areas of research that have clinical relevance for the care of patients with colorectal diseases. Presentations selected will be eligible for the Research in Progress award. If not accepted for Oral presentation the abstract will be considered for ePoster presentation.
- New Technology: Abstracts submitted to this category will be competitively evaluated by the Program Committee in conjunction with the New Technologies Committee for oral presentation during the New Technology Symposium. This symposium highlights the development, integration, evaluation and dissemination of new technology in the practice of colon and rectal surgery. If not accepted for Oral presentation the abstract will be considered for e-poster presentation.
The Plastic Surgery Research Council is now accepting abstracts for their 2023 Annual Meeting. Please submit your abstracts today for consideration in the 2023 Annual Scientific Program.
Deadline: Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
View Submission Guidelines
Abstract submission categories include:
- Microsurgery/Flap Physiology/Ischemia Reperfusion
- Skin/Burn/Wound Healing
- Plastic Surgery Education/Training/Leadership/Practice
- Patient Safety/Health Care Cost/Access to Care
- Gender Confirmation Medicine/Surgery
- Vascular/Lymphatic Biology and Diseases