As part of the Chandler Lecture Series, Steven Rothenberg, MD, will present “A quarter century of developing thoracoscopic surgery in infants and children.”
About Dr. Rothenberg:
- Chief of Pediatric Surgery at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s in Denver, Colorado
- Professor of Surgery at Columbia University in New York City
- “SAGES Pioneer in Surgical Endoscopy” for 2015
Dr. Nancy Baxter, Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto, will present “Diversity in the house of surgery.”
About Dr. Baxter:
- General Surgeon and Chief of the General Surgery Department at St. Michael’s Hospital
- Scientist in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital
- Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto
- Associate Professor in the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation (IHMPE)
Dr. John Birkmeyer will present.
Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, a general and endocrine surgeon at the Massachusetts General Hospital and an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School, will present: “Trust me, I am just learning while practicing while teaching!” Is Resident Autonomy a Realistic Goal???
Special Guest Lecture presented by:
Department of Surgery | S-SPIRE Center
Adil Haider, MD, MPH, FACS
Kessler Director, Center for Surgery and Public Health,
A Joint Initiative of Brigham and Women’s Hospital,
Harvard Medical School and Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health
Associate Chair, Research-Department of Surgery,
Brigham Health Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon,
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Title: “Brokering a Partnership Between the ACS and NIH to Address Health Disparities in Surgery”
Marc Levitt, Md of Nationwide Children’s Hospital will present.