Guest Lecturer Edward H. Livingston, MD, FACS, AGAF will present “The Act of Writing” at the Dept. of Surgery Grand Rounds.
About Dr. Livingston:
- Contributing Editor for JAMA
- Deputy Editor, Clinical Review and Education, for JAMAand The JAMA Network
- Adjunct Professor of Surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern (UTSW) School of Medicine and at Northwestern University.
- Previously served as Professor and Chairman of GI and Endocrine Surgery at UTSW School of Medicine and Professor of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Texas Arlington.
Dr. Nancy Baxter, Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto, will present “Diversity in the house of surgery.”
About Dr. Baxter:
- General Surgeon and Chief of the General Surgery Department at St. Michael’s Hospital
- Scientist in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital
- Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto
- Associate Professor in the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation (IHMPE)
Dr. John Birkmeyer will present.
Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, a general and endocrine surgeon at the Massachusetts General Hospital and an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School, will present: “Trust me, I am just learning while practicing while teaching!” Is Resident Autonomy a Realistic Goal???
Dr. Peter Gloviczki, a vascular surgeon at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, will present: “The art of open venous reconstructions in the endovascular era.”
Dr. Andrea Pusic, the recently appointed Chief of Plastic Surgery at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA, will present “Patient-reported Outcomes in Surgery: Improving Clinical Care and Quality.” Dr. Pusic specializes in breast reconstructive surgery.