Welcome to the online abstract submission site for the 2021 American Association of Endocrine Surgeons Annual Meeting
The AAES 2021 Annual Meeting will be held
April 24-26, 2021
Westin-Sheraton Hotel and Jefferson-Birmingham Convention Complex
Birmingham, AL, USA
Monday, November 2, 2020, 11:59 PM PST
- Given the evolving circumstances of the pandemic and potential travel restrictions, a virtual option will be provided to all accepted abstracts. Ability to travel to the meeting will not be a prerequisite for consideration.
- Only original research will be considered (must not be previously presented or published).
- There is a 350-word limit for abstracts.
- NO GRAPHICS OR TABLES will be accepted with abstract submission.
- The abstract copy MUST include the following: Background, Method, Results, Conclusion.
- NO reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the title.
- Interesting Case Submission will open after abstract submission has been closed. Please do not submit case reports.
- Quickshot Abstracts: These will be brief oral presentations about your poster, given from the podium. If your poster submission is accepted for a quickshot presentation, you may be invited but not required to submit a manuscript to be considered for publication with our annual issue in Surgery. Quickshots will be the highest scored abstracts that are not chosen (or excluded from by the authors) for regular oral presentations. Quickshot presentations will be 5 minutes in length, followed by 2 minutes for questions.
All submitters MUST create a new account to submit an abstract. (the link to create a new account is to the left of the login box).
NOTE: All content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined commercial interest (“industry”). Also, no content author may be an employee of a commercial interest.
Kristen Davis, MPH, Social Science Researcher
Title: “NIH Grant Updates”
For dial-in instructions, please contact Ana Mezynski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Work In Progress Session
Kirbi Yelorda, MD, General Surgery Resident
Title: “Relationship Between High Deductible Health Plans and Emergency Hernia Operations”
For dial-in instructions, please email Ana Mezynski at email@example.com
SAGES 2021 ANNUAL MEETING SCIENTIFIC SESSION ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INFORMATION
SAGES 2021 Annual Meeting
Postponed to June 15-18, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2020, 11:59 PM PDT
Abstract Submission Supporting Document:
Manual for Abstract Submission Site»
Video Preparation Instructions»
You are invited to submit paper and video abstracts to the SAGES 2021 Scientific Session.
The program will consist of oral presentations, video presentations, and poster presentations. The program committee will be responsible for selecting the length of the oral and video presentations.
There is a 400 word limit for written abstract submissions and a 100 word limit for video abstract submissions. No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title.
SAGES will be accepting online submissions for oral, video or poster presentation. Topics include:
- Acute Care
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible Endoscopy
- Leadership & Professional Development
- New Technologies/Techniques
- Quality Improvement/Health System Outcomes
- Robotics/Advanced Technologies
Important Notice: The following Abstract Submission Policies will be firmly enforced:
- Previously Presented Abstracts: No abstracts may be submitted that have been previously presented at a regional (Central Surgical, Southwest Surgical, etc.), national, or international meeting. Abstracts that have been presented locally (state ACS chapter meeting, institutional or departmental research day for example) will be considered. If the abstract has been previously presented locally, where and when it was presented must be disclosed during the abstract submission process
- No Previously Published Submissions: The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published prior to the SAGES 2021 Scientific Session.
- Exception To The Rule: If your abstract was accepted for SAGES 2020 but was NOT presented at SAGES 2020, you are permitted to submit the abstract for consideration for presentation at SAGES 2021. If the associated manuscript was submitted to Surgical Endoscopy, or the associated manuscript already has been published in Surgical Endoscopy, you may still submit your abstract for consideration for presentation at SAGES 2021 as long as it will not have been presented anywhere prior to SAGES 2021, but you may not submit the same manuscript for additional publication.
- No Dual Submissions: The abstract must not be submitted to any other upcoming regional, national, or international meeting.
- No Previously Presented Data: All abstracts must be new and original content OR include at least 50% new data if previously presented at a meeting (unless presented locally as described above).
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit, but you may not submit a video abstract and a written abstract on the same study/data set. You must select either a written abstract submission or a video abstract submission.
- Manuscript Submission: Accepted Oral Abstract Presenters must submit a complete manuscript to Surgical Endoscopy (unless your manuscript was submitted to Surgical Endoscopy as part of an unpresented SAGES 2020 presentation).
Written Abstract Submissions
- The word limit for written abstract submissions is 400-words (not including title and authors).
- Images are allowed with abstract submissions. Images must be no larger than 1MB in file size, and no larger than 900 pixels wide by 900 pixels high.
- Tables may be included in the abstract submission but will go against the abstract’s 400-word limit.
- Videos may not be submitted with a written abstract
Video Abstract Submissions
- The Maximum length for submitted videos is Seven (7) Minutes. SAGES is not accepting 3D Video submissions. If your video is accepted for presentation at the 2021 SAGES meeting, you will be required to bring a final copy of your video with you to the meeting.
- A short (100-word maximum) written description of your video should be included when submitting your video abstract.
- Images and tables should not be included in the short written description when submitting a video abstract.
- Videos must have narration in English. Without narration, it will not be considered.
- Videos may not include advertisement or promotion of products.
- DO NOT include any music and DO NOT include any video clips or other materials/media copyrighted by any entity other than yourself
SAGES Emerging Technology Abstract Submissions
Abstract submissions for SAGES’s Emerging Technology Session will be opening in February 2021. More information is available at:
Resident and Fellow Training Committee Contest and Awards
The Resident and Fellow Training Committee (RAFT) offers two awards for outstanding abstracts presented by Surgical Residents and Fellows at the SAGES 2021 Annual Meeting. The purpose of these awards is to encourage the development of clinical and research-oriented work in the field of general surgery.
To qualify for these awards, the abstract presenter must be enrolled in a qualified residency or fellowship program. During the abstract submission process you must fill out the anticipated Residency/Fellowship completion date and you must send proof of enrollment to the SAGES office via email (Indicate the name of the Resident/Fellow and the title(s) of the abstracts being submitted). Proof of enrollment must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. by December 1, 2020. Abstracts that do not include the anticipated Residency/Fellowship completion date during the time of submission and do not submit proof of enrollment will not be considered for these awards.
SAGES Policy on Employees of Commercial Interests
The ACCME states that an employee/owner of a commercial interest may not serve as a planner or speaker for an accredited CME activity when the topic to be discussed is relevant to the products or services of the company. Therefore, the SAGES Conflict of Interest Committee (CIC) declares that no employees/owners of a commercial interest may present in SAGES CME accredited activities. This policy is applicable to invited faculty, abstract presenters, and poster authors (if posters are approved for CME). Individuals who serve on a commercial interest’s Board and who receive a salary will be considered an employee.
It is the general expectation of ACCME that commercial interest employees/owners may not be involved in the content of accredited education. However, if the products and business lines are in no way related to the content of your abstract, SAGES may consider an individual exception at its discretion. Please contact email@example.com. to request an exception.
If a faculty/presenter indicates they serve on an Advisory Board of a commercial interest but are not salaried, or if they have equity interest but are not salaried, then they will not be considered an employee but their presentation must be peer reviewed.
If a non-presenting author is an employee, then the presenting author may elect to remove that author or participate in a non-CME activity such as the Emerging Technology session.
If you have any questions, please contact the SAGES office at 310-437-0544 (ext. 118) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adnan Alseidi, MD, EdM, Program Co-Chair
Dana Telem, MD, MPH, Program Co-Chair
Abstract Submission Opens Friday, October 16, 2020. For more info, see link: https://www.assh.org/s/
FUTURE ANNUAL MEETINGS
76th Annual Meeting of the ASSH
September 30-October 2, 2021 *San Francisco, CA
Residents & Fellows Conference and Precourses begin on Wednesday, September 29, 2021.
77th Annual Meeting of the ASSH
September 29-October 1, 2022 *Boston, MA
Residents & Fellows Conference and Precourses begin on Wednesday, September 28, 2022.
78th Annual Meeting of the ASSH
October 5-7, 2023 *Toronto, ON
Residents & Fellows Conference and Precourses begin on Wednesday, October 4, 2023.
79th Annual Meeting of the ASSH
September 19-21, 2024 *Minneapolis, MN
Residents & Fellows Conference and Precourses begin on Wednesday, September 18, 2024.
Abstract Submission Now Open
The American Surgical Association is now accepting abstracts for their 141st Annual Meeting. Please submit your abstracts today for consideration in the 2021 Annual Scientific Program.
Deadline: Monday, November 16, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET
Download Author Instructions
Katelyn Susan Chan, MD Student
Julia Chandler, MD, General Surgery Resident
Mentor: Stephanie Chao, Assistant Professor of Surgery (Pediatric Surgery) at Stanford University Medical Center
Talk title: “Mental Health Outcomes in Pediatric Trauma and Chronic Disease Patients: A Large Database Approach”
For dial-in instructions, please email Ana Mezynski at email@example.com
Deadline: Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST
View Submission GuidelinesAbstract submission categories include:
- Microsurgery/Flap Physiology/Ischemia Reperfusion
- Skin/Burn/Wound Healing
- Plastic Surgery Education/Training/Leadership/Practice
- Patient Safety/Health Care Cost/Access to Care
- Gender Confirmation Medicine/Surgery
- Benign and Malignant Tumors
- Vascular/Lymphatic Biology and Diseases