WHO SHOULD SUBMIT:
All current Professional Development Residents, and PGY-3, PGY-4 and PGY-5 categorical residents are strongly encourage to submit abstracts, submission is optional for PGY-1 and PGY-2 residents. Faculty please encourage non-MD research fellows, postdocs and other mentees in your labs to submit abstracts. Since these trainees are not always on the Department of Surgery email lists, please inform them about this opportunity directly.
- Abstract is limited to 250 words, excluding the Title, Author(s) or Section Title.
- Each Abstract must be submitted by the first author.
- Abstracts received after the posted deadlines will not be accepted.
- Revised abstracts will not be accepted after the posted due dates.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS:
- Download the abstract template <<HERE>> and follow the form carefully.
If the abstract form is not followed as is, it will be returned for revisions.
- Submit your completed abstract and key figure <<HERE>>.
One abstract per submission; if you have multiple abstracts repeat the process.
For more info, please refer to this link: http://westernvascularsociety.org/upcoming-meeting/
How to submit abstracts of papers for inclusion in the program.
The deadline for abstract submissions is Midnight EST, June 30, 2022 — no exceptions.
Who is allowed to submit?
At least one co-author must be a member of the SSA and serve as the corresponding author who is responsible for notifying the other co-authors of the Program Committee’s decision.
Who is allowed to present a paper?
Only members will be allowed to present papers unless consideration is requested by a member co-author and permission granted by the Program Committee. Up to seven (7) non-members may be allowed to present papers. This determination will be made immediately after abstracts are selected by the Program Committee. Non-member presenter status will not be granted for trainees. Any non-member, including a trainee, may close the discussion, however.
FRIDAY, AUGUST, 20, 2021 @ 11:59 PM ET
NOTE: ALL content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined ineligible company (‘industry’). Also, no content author may be an owner or employee of an ineligible company.
Important Notice: Given our record-breaking abstract submission numbers over the past few years-and in order to maximize the number of participants in the ASC – we will continue to limit the number of abstracts that an individual may present to TWO. There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted, and if more than two abstracts are accepted the highest scoring abstract will be selected for presentation. Please note that there is no limit on the number of abstracts an individual may be listed as an author on.
Manuscripts may be submitted to Surgery or the Journal of Surgical Research by 5:00 PM (eastern) on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 for special meeting related consideration.
To be considered for AAS Awards, manuscripts must be submitted to the Journal of Surgical Research (JSR) by December 3, 2021 @ 5:00 PM (eastern).
- Best Overall Manuscript by an AAS Member – The winner of this award will receive a certificate and a cash prize of $500. To be eligible for this award, the manuscript must be submitted to the Journal of Surgical Research by December 3, 2021 at 5:00pm (Eastern), AND either the presenting or senior author must be an AAS member (either full or candidate) in good standing or have an AAS membership application in process at the time of submission.
- Best Manuscript by an AAS Resident or Fellow – The winner of this award will receive a certificate and a cash prize of $500. To be eligible for this award, the manuscript must be submitted to the Journal of Surgical Research by December 3, 2021 at 5:00pm (Eastern), the presenting author must be a resident, postdoctoral research fellow or clinical fellow, AND either the presenting or senior author must be an AAS member (either full or candidate) in good standing or have an AAS membership application in process at the time of submission.
2022 ANNUAL WINTER MEETING
Abstract submission yet to be open.
Deadline: September 1, 2021
JANUARY 27 – 30, 2022
Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Whistler, BC, Canada
PCSA’S 93RD ANNUAL MEETING INFORMATION
Important Dates for Pacific Coast Surgical Association (PCSA)
Please continue to visit https://pcsaonline.org/ for ongoing announcements and activity updates.
In Progress: Update your Membership Record
Please submit membership record updates by logging into your Members Only profile by logging into your member profile here or by emailing PCSA Management at email@example.com. These updates may include a change in status, such as retirement, office relocation or a new email address/phone number. Please be sure your member record is kept current so you do not miss important announcements.
In Progress: 2020 and 2021 Membership Renewal
Dues payments for 2020 and 2021 are still being processed. We have extended the deadline for payment through June 30, 2021 before we begin processing the 2022 member dues invoices. We understand and know the. Payment should be submitted online through your Members Only portal here: https://pcsaonline.org/login.aspx or by mail to PCSA management.
October 31, 2021: Member Obituaries
Please forward member obituaries to PCSA Management to be published in the annual Program Book. We ask that a photograph of the deceased is included, if one is available. Please forward any information to your Caucus Councilor or PCSA management.
Call for Abstracts: June 1 – September 6, 2021
Registration Opens: November 2021
Registration Rate Ends: (Early Rate) January 20, 2022
Housing Rate Ends: January 10, 2022