2022 Annual Meeting
The 2022 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons will be held in Cleveland, OH and online, May 22-24, 2022.
Submit your abstract for consideration by November 1, 2021
NOTE: All content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined commercial interest (“industry”). Also, no content author may be an employee of a commercial interest.
2022 ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
The 77th ASSH Annual Meeting is designed for surgeons to share new concepts and revisit established principles pertaining to hand and upper extremity. Hand care professionals from around the world will come together to share, discuss and learn about breakthrough techniques and procedures advancing the care and treatment of hand and upper extremity.
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
|Symposia Abstracts||November 15, 2021|
|Instructional Course Abstracts||November 15, 2021|
|Video Theater Abstracts||TBD|
|Scientific Paper and Poster Abstracts||TBD|
|Residents and Fellows Conference Abstracts||TBD|
|International Guest Hand Society Posters – Brazil||TBD|
Deadlines Subject to Change – All deadlines are in effect at 11:59 PM (central) on the day indicated.
Links to the specific submission forms are posted on these pages. Follow the instructions provided on each page of the submission form, entering required information as you go. After your abstract has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email detailing your abstract login information. You can continue to login and update your abstract until the submission deadline for the abstract type you initially submitted. Your abstract will not be reviewed until after the deadline, unless otherwise indicated.
If you have questions, contact the abstracts team at email@example.com or (312) 880-1900.
Symposia and Instructional Course Lecture submissions will receive notifications in January 2022. Clinical Papers and ePosters, Hand.e Video Theater, Residents & Fellows Papers and ePosters, and the International Guest Society ePosters will receive notifications in May 2022. Authors will have the opportunity to make any final changes to their abstract for a limited period of time after they have been notified of the abstract’s acceptance.
To contact the ASSH about your submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference your abstract number and the name of your primary author in any communication to help us identify the correct abstract.
ASSH POLICY & PROCEDURES
- NOTE: The ASSH does not pay for any meeting related costs for accepted presenters including hotel travel or registration fees. Special arrangements for international guests for Instructional Courses or Symposia to cover lodging and/or meeting registration fees must be made in advance and receive approval from the Program Chair(s).
- If you are chosen to be a presenter, you are required to register and pay to attend the conference.
- Scientific Abstracts (Clinical Papers and R/F Conference presentations; ePosters and International ePosters) must include the following sections: Hypothesis, Methods, Results and Summary Points and are limited to a maximum of 400 words. An abstract may be edited and published by the ASSH if accepted.
- Scientific Abstracts are marketed as “never-before-heard” material. Please do not submit paper or poster proposals which have been published presented or are scheduled for presentation/publication prior to September 29th, 2022.
- A maximum of two images may accompany an abstract submission (includes any graphics tables or charts). All images must be “print-ready” with a minimum 300 DPI at the time of submission. If accepted, the abstract and images will be reproduced in an abstract book.
- The Societies require that all speakers at programs granting Continuing Medical Education credit provide a financial/commercial disclosure statement. All financial interests in the product or process involved with the research must be properly identified. This includes stock ownership, membership on an advisory board or board of directors, corporate sponsored research or any other substantive relationship. A disclosure statement will be collected from EACH author listed on the abstract. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to obtain these disclosures from each author!
- An accepted abstract may be edited and published by the ASSH.
- Those who have an accepted abstract for paper presentation by the ASSH Program Committee (for the General Session and/or the Residents and Fellows Conference) will be required to provide a manuscript for review by the program discusser.
Deadline: Sunday, November 28, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST
View Submission Guidelines
Abstract submission categories include:
- Microsurgery/Flap Physiology/Ischemia Reperfusion
- Skin/Burn/Wound Healing
- Plastic Surgery Education/Training/Leadership/Practice
- Patient Safety/Health Care Cost/Access to Care
- Gender Confirmation Medicine/Surgery
- Vascular/Lymphatic Biology and Diseases
Submit An Abstract
2022 Annual Meeting Call For Abstract Submissions
Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract of original research for presentation as a paper or poster at the AGS 2021 Annual Meeting. All abstracts must be submitted online – hard copy abstract submissions will not be accepted. The abstract submission deadline is December 1 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
The abstract submission fee is $40 per abstract payable by credit card. Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted. This charge will appear on your statement as “AGS”.
Submission of an abstract does not constitute registration for the AGS 2021 Annual Meeting. Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to register for the meeting and pay the meeting registration fee.
Notification of the Abstract Selection Committee’s decision will be made in February 2021. Abstracts accepted for presentation at the AGS 2021 Annual Meeting will be published in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society exactly as they are submitted.
The AGS invites encore presentations of research that has already been presented at other national or international meetings. Encore presentations of research should not have been published in anything other than abstract form before the 2021 AGS annual meeting. Please note that if you are applying for the Health in Aging Foundation New Investigator Award, you cannot submit an encore presentation.
Abstract Content And Format
Scientific abstracts report the results of original research and must contain data (either quantitative or qualitative) and report research results.
ABSTRACT BODY: The abstract should conform to the following organization and contain:
|Background:||should describe the context and importance of the study and state the objective(s) of the study.|
|Methods:||should include a description of the methods used considering study design, setting, population, measures, and analytic procedures.|
|Results:||should describe the results in sufficient detail to support the conclusions. Tabular or graphic results are acceptable. Include any data on the racial/ethnic diversity of your research population in this section. It is not satisfactory to state, “The results will be discussed” or “Other data will be presented”. Abstracts that do not provide actual results will not be considered for publication or presentation.|
|Conclusions:||should state the implications of the findings for clinical practice, research, education, or policy.|
Scientific abstracts that do not describe research methods and present study results will not be considered for presentation at the annual meeting. Statements such as “data will be presented” or “results will be shown” should not be included in submitted abstracts. Abstracts should include only nonproprietary (generic) names, which should be written in lowercase letters, e.g. acetaminophen.
ABSTRACT LIMIT: There are no restrictions on the number of abstracts you may submit. If more than two abstracts are accepted from one investigator, one of the co-authors should make any additional presentation.
CHARACTER LIMIT: There is a limit of 2650 characters for the text of your abstract submission. This includes title, authors, institutions, references and abstract body, as well as all spaces.
TABLES and GRAPHICS: You may elect to submit either a table or an image, but not both. If you chose to submit a table, each row in the table will count as 50 characters. Image character count deduction is based on image size. The maximum deduction for an image is approximately 1200 characters. Images and tables can be easily edited or deleted any time before the submission deadline.
ABSTRACT PROOF: Proofing your abstract carefully is your responsibility. If accepted, the abstract will be published exactly as it is submitted – changes to the abstract will not be allowed once it has been submitted. Make sure all special characters and formatting are displaying properly in your proof. If you find errors, return to the appropriate page by clicking on the page name in the sidebar menu, and make your corrections.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CATEGORIES: Scientific abstract submissions must identify a primary submission category.
|Case Series & Case Studies
Scholarship using individual cases or case series to provide insight into best practices in geriatrics.
|Clinical Innovation & Quality Improvement
Development and evaluation of innovative models of geriatric care; research testing and implementing quality measures, and using measures to improve care and outcomes.
Research testing interventions using random or non-random control / comparison groups.
Descriptive studies of health and disease across large populations.
|Ethics & Qualitative Research
Research exploring ethical and humanistic aspects of healthcare.
Animal or human research examining fundamental biology of aging and / or disease processes.
Research and evaluation of innovation in health education.
|Geriatric Medicine in Other Specialties
Research on care and outcomes in Emergency Medicine, Surgery, Rehabilitation, or other specialties working with geriatric populations.
Descriptive research on the mechanisms, natural history or management of major geriatric syndromes.
|Health Services & Policy Research
Research on healthcare delivery, policy and payment.
|Neurologic & Behavioral Science
Research on neurologic or psychiatric conditions affecting older patients.
Presentation of original research findings is an important component of the American Geriatrics Society’s Annual Scientific Meeting. Abstracts reporting results from original research studies will be reviewed by the Research Committee. Abstracts that are selected will be presented in poster and oral paper sessions devoted to original research.
By submitting an abstract for consideration, all authors must affirm the following:
- I understand that submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment to present if accepted and that failure to present, if not justified, will jeopardize future acceptance of abstracts.
- I understand that if accepted, the paper or poster abstract presentation must be made by one of the authors involved in the research and named as an author on the abstract.
- I understand that if more than two abstracts are accepted from an investigator, one of the co-authors must make any additional presentation.
- I affirm that this abstract does not duplicate other research I have submitted.
- I affirm that this research will not be published before the 2021 AGS Annual Meeting.
- I affirm that this abstract complies with the principles set forth in DHHS Code of Federal Regulations #45 CFR 46 on Protection of Human Subjects.
- I affirm that this abstract complies with the guidelines of the American Association for the Advancement for Science in requiring assurances of the responsible use of animals in research (American Association for the Advancement of Science. Resolutions on Use of Animals in Research, Testing, and Education. Adopted by the AAAS Board and Council, February 19, 1990).
- I affirm that this abstract complies with the guidelines of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors regarding publication ethics (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals. Ann Intern Med. 1997; 126:36-47). In particular, I affirm that “all persons designated as authors qualify for authorship, and all those who qualify are listed. Each author has participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for appropriate portions of the content. Authorship credit is based only on 1) substantial contributions to conception and design, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data; 2) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and 3) final approval of the version to be published. Conditions 1, 2, and 3 are met for all authors”.
- I affirm that I have disclosed all funding in support of this research at the time of my submission and understand that the AGS will publish a statement regarding support of my research in the abstract book.
- If accepted to present this research, I agree to disclose sources of funding at the time of presentation either in print (posters) or on a slide (oral paper presentations).
- I affirm that submitted abstracts include only generic names and that should it be accepted, the poster or paper presentation will also use only generic names when discussing drug therapies.
The AGS invites encore presentations of research that has already been presented at other national or international meetings. Encore presentations of research should not have been published in anything other than abstract form before the 2021 AGS Annual Meeting. Please note that if you are applying for the New Investigator Award, you can not submit an encore presentation.
- I affirm that if this abstract is an encore presentation, the research will not have been published in anything other than abstract form in advance of the AGS 2021 Annual Meeting.
Violation of these Guidelines
I am aware that violation of these submission guidelines may result in:
- a retraction withdrawing the abstract and detailing the reasons for its withdrawal being published in JAGS.
- me and any industry supporter being prohibited from submitting an abstract for the next Annual Meeting, and a communications company organizing the submission being prohibited from participating in the next two annual meetings.
- potential imposition of a $5000 fine on any industry supporter for each abstract that violates any of the submission guidelines.
All authors must agree to transfer to the American Geriatrics Society the copyright and all other rights in the material comprising the abstract if the abstract is accepted. Authors with exceptions that will not allow them to agree to the transfer of the copyright (e.g. U.S. Government employees) should note the reason for not agreeing to the transfer of the copyright.